The new archive:
Roms : separate, with documentation in tgz or zip format.
Games : Files in archive format,
original artwork in JPEG format,
GIF screenshot from an emulator (last three items only if YOU help with this),
combined in tgz or zip format.
The archive format:
$.ELITE : bare file.
$.ELITE.inf : text file containing the following:
'FF0E00 FF8023 Locked CRC= XXXX NEXT $.ELITE2'.
it may start with a bbc filename eg $.MYGAME which overrides
the $.ELITE, i.e. the files may be renamed 'a' and 'a.inf' for example.
Locked can be abbreviated to L, NEXT is meant for tape emulation/conversion.
Filelength may be included after the exec address but is unnessesary.
Hence, in general the info file contains:
'[real_name] LOADADDRESS EXECEADDRESS [file-length] ACCESS CRC=XXXX NEXT NAME'
The CRC's are calculated with the same algorithm as the cassette/rom
filing systems (see BBC user guide p.399)
bbcim.cc can extract in this format and make diskimages from this format
Disk images will still be kept where relevant:
i=instructions included, G=GIF included, D=diskimage. In square brackets is my rating of a game (0 to 10).
Filenames have the leading $ removed (if it's a root dir file) (in fact, filenames can be changed to whatever you want, see description of the archive format).
1. BBC FAQ (zipped) v0.01 Does anyone want to maintain it?
2. FDC v0.10 (Floppy disk reader, for PC's, based on FDCDEMO, instructions included)
3a. File conversion contains
Note: the C++ programs were developed on linux using GCC (now 2.7.x)
Note 2: DOS users must to change 'fopen(...,"r")' to 'fopen(...,"rb");' and ditto for 'fopen(...,"w");'
, also: the dir separator "/" must bechanged to "\" for the option -ed to work.
- bbcim v0.80 (c++) (comment out #define NL for english messages) which does
- Acorn DFS diskimage manipulation (SINGLE SIDED): : Show files in image, minimize image, extract files (also in archive format), make diskimages from archive format files, convert archive format to xbeeb format etc.
- makes or splits single- and double density interleaved diskimages.
- Splits DDOS diskimages into separate DFS diskimages.
- -This version works on a mac, but I'm not sure about the option -ed.
- -If your compiler doesn't support command line parameters (mac) put argc=1 at the start of main (to force prompts for options and filenames. You won't be able to use -a and -d though.
- Instructions and anadisk information .
3b. For RISC PC's: BEEBARC.ZIP NEW VERSION 0.03 (By Darren Salt) Splits a (single or double sided) diskimage with correct addresses etc., uses command line options, un-archives archive format files, puts directories into archive format. Includes instructions. (you could also compile bbcim of course)
-exile, pipeline, barrage, emperor, donkey kong jr, star clash, acornsoft reversi, mainline.
NOTE: BASIC programs (generally) run natively on ARM computers.
- Welcome (D)
- Elite (D) , ,with commander editor from 'the micro user', feb. 1986.
- Planetoid v1 i,G, , My favourite game. Includes the original version and my completely debugged version to which I also added escape/pause keys. (use PLANET1/2 or OPLANET1/2. I still haven't got Planetoid v2
- Fortress 
- Meteors ,rotation control is not good enough. Actually, It's awfull (I've been playing it quite a bit and have lowered my rating)
- Rocket Raid I , GIF's wanted of stages 5/6
- Arcadians [7.5]
- Frak 
- Hopper v2 , Frogger. The first game I ever played on a computer was frogger on a c64. After that came choplifter on a Apple 2.
- Ghouls [7.5]
- Airlift , choplifter. What? No waving hand?
- Skyhawk , choplifter. I love that waving hand of the last man. Such things are the hallmark of good arcade games.
- Snapper v1 
- Snapper v2 
- Transistor's revenge
- Zalaga , oh so repetitive..
- HiByte's Planetoid conversion
- Super defender , I looked at the machine code and found that it is a hacked version of Planetoid. It also contains a very annoying graphical bug and shooting doesn't register on the landers where the colours cycle. To conclude, Planetoid is much better.
- Killer Gorilla 
- Mikie Pick up all the hearts (bump others from the seats) but then? Has anyone got original instructions?
- Crazy rider [7.5]
- Contraption (i) ,, Beautiful game, extremely smooth animation.
- JCB digger
- Galaforce , I wish it had used random numbers for alien movement.
- Fire track 
- Palace of magic
- Nutcraka , too slow.
- Super Invaders , I loathe invaders games.
- Mr Ee ,mysterious?
- Cowboy shootout
- Overdrive ,just straight roads
- Pole position ,curves are not difficult enough.
- Blagger 
- Dune rider 
- positron , I get cramp in my hands.
- Chuckie egg
- Arkanoid breakout
- Bruce Lee
- Death star , Sinistar clone, boring.
- Eddie Kid jump challenge See the game page for instrucions.
- Snooker v6
- tempest Keys, instructions??
- Tetrapods (star swarm)
- Imogen , Disk version, with password/cheat list
- Space pilot
- WAR Hmm.., tiny window, software scrolling.
- See Emily play
- Cosmic camouflage
- Crystal castles
- 3D Dotty
- Hyperball breakout is boring.
- Killer Gorilla 2 =Zany kong jr.
- Inertia , quite nice.
- Last ninja
- Last ninja 2
- Sim city
- Barbarian new version.
- Skirmish Joust clone. Almost the real thing. Only the sound is better in the arcade version (Williams arcade classics)
- Pipemania 
- The sentinel
- Space hiway , I don't like it
- Repton infinity I don't like repton games either.
- Repton thru time 
- Stryker's run Doesn't run on my BBC, why??
- Er*bert I find this unplayable. I prefer R*ther (arthur)
- Spy vs spy Instructions????
- Barrage (BASIC)
- Emperor (BASIC)
- Donkey Kong jr. (atari)
- Star clash
- Plan B 2
- Waterloo Want to beat Napoleon?
- Beach head Instructions/ keys???
- Blitzkrieg , Tank battle, nice Tiger II's but they were almost invulnerable to allied tanks so that's not right.
- Goodies Nice programs : MENU program (dutch, see if you can use/change it). I use it for the games discs on my BBC. Further: stars, world by day & night (2 versions), bouncing ball demo, USERCHAR (user defined character editor), My teletext designer *RUN TT (now loads at &6000), See the manual for instructions. Try it! Extended error messages for basic: *EXEC ERREXT appends the code to a program (see file ERROR for the ON ERROR needed), B.SALVAGE: salvage a bad program. B.LVAR: assembler source of a variable list program for BASIC, ADRSROM lists adresses of OSBYTEs, OSWORDs and BASIC commands, INTRO: graphical demo of dispersing characters.
ROMS that do not work:
Wordwise+ 1.48 (R.S.' page), and some which I got (also now on RS' page) ADI 1.1, ADT 1.72, ACP
- Language roms Basic booster, basic extensions, COMAL, LISP, FORTH79, BCPL
- ISO Pascal (D), Compiler and Interpreter ROMs + pascal disk with 2P versions and programs.
The archive files are also available from
old archive (diskimages)
- Graphics : GXR rom + computer concepts graphics rom + demo programs for GXR.
- gamedisk 4 & 5 (double sided): Boulder crash, Repton 3,Repton 1, 2, Atic attack, Bugeyes II, Labyrinth, alien8, (contraption is incomplete, get the archive format file). (use menu, but not all is in the menu!)
- gamedisk 6 : Moon raider, Monsters v2, Codename droid [CHAIN"MENU"].
- gamedisk 7 : Arthur, Bumble bee, Darts, Eagle, Starship, Volcano [CHAIN"MENU"].
- gamedisk 8 : Two- and single player board games and more: Gomoku, Backgammon, Draughts etc. [CHAIN"MENU"].
- gamedisk 9 : Repton3: Around the world in 40 screens, Star Quake, The survivors.
- english/french adventure : Learn or practice your french with this WW2 text adventure.
- Game disk 10 +11 (double sided) contains: Jet pac, Zany Kong jr., Mine shaft, Positron (again), Star striker, Swag!, Zany kong, Tarzan, Jungle jive, Chopper II (adapted planetoid), Space man Sid, Swarmer's revenge, Shadowfax, Shifter, New blagger, Castle quest, Copter caper, Airlift (again), Manic miner (protection may be cracked press RETURN), Bandits, Eagle (lander game), Jump jet, Karl's cavern, Sinbad. [CHAIN"MENU" or CHAIN"MOOI"]
- Game disk 12 : Revs, Castle Ravenskull.
Take me HOME